LayerX provided Flow Coffee with a full design, development and build programme to produce a production-run ready IoT device to interface with commercial coffee machines.
Working closely with the Flow Coffee team to identify all relevant areas of commercialisation including wiring looms, packaging, compliance, remote diagnostics and product warranty management.
- Solution design - functional design, stack definition and interoperability research
- Schematic design - power, comparator and logic design along with full multi-option communications stack
- Bill of Materials (BOM) selection for volume manufacture
- Assembly - design and documentation
- Cable loom - design and source production
- Labelling/Etching - design and prototype
- EMC Certification - requirements per jurisdiction planned
- Multi-communications compatible (Ethernet, GSM, WiFi)
- FreeRTOS Embedded Microcontroller
- MQTT integration with AWS stack
- Over-the-air (OTA) firmware updates
- External machine isolation, line protection, power protection and last-gasp communications